To be eligible to apply, the student must:
- Be a Rogers Scholars Alum who is currently in their junior or senior year in a high school located within the 45-county service area of The Center for Rural Development. The forty-five county service area consists of the following Kentucky counties: Adair, Bath, Bell, Boyd, Breathitt, Carter, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Elliott, Estill, Floyd, Garrard, Green, Harlan, Jackson, Jessamine, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Menifee, Metcalfe, Monroe, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Rowan, Russell, Taylor, Wayne, Whitley and Wolfe.
- Or be a Rogers Scholars Alum who is currently attending a college or university.
The Alumni Mentoring Program is a new program offered to Rogers Scholars Alumni who wish to attend the program in a mentoring role. Students accepted into the Alumni Mentoring Program will attend the regular Rogers Scholars camp and will serve as a role model for the incoming juniors in the program. The Center will select a minimum two students to spend 6 days at one of the two Rogers Scholars sessions in June 2020. Students will serve as volunteers and mentors for the camp. Responsibilities also include assisting program staff in the execution of the daily agenda and serving as a Rogers Scholars representative in marketing and fundraising efforts throughout the following year. All meals and lodging are provided at no cost. Hours spent in the program are volunteer hours.
STEP ONE: COMPLETE CHECKLIST
Welcome to the 2020 Alumni Mentoring Program Application Homepage! Please read this entire page. Before you move forward, you need to complete the checklist below. If you do not complete the checklist prior to filling out the application, you will have issues. The application is an online form that CANNOT BE SAVED! The application page times out after a certain amount of time which may vary depending on the browser you are using. In order to prevent data loss, have everything completed in a word document and be prepared to fill out the application in one sitting.
Please complete the following checklist prior to clicking on the application.
- Personal Information – name, gender, date of birth, shirt size, email address, two phone numbers, county of residence, address, parent’s names, parent’s email address, school name, and county of school.
- Choice of Camps: June 7-12 at Morehead State University or June 21-26 at Lindsey Wilson College.
- Resume – Please provide a comprehensive resume detailing your work history and achievements.
- Letter of Recommendation – You need 1 letter of recommendation. The letter writer cannot be someone you are related to. If you do not submit a letter, you application will be considered incomplete.
- Once you have checked off all of the previous items, you are ready to fill out the application. The application will be available on November 1, 2019 and will close on January 24.